Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Downings Shop Front [graphic]
Downings Shop Front
|Main Creator:||Connolly, Paddy, photographer|
Shown in this photograph is the shop front of Downings, which dates from 1900.Miss Betty Downing is pictured at the door of the shop whilst men deliver coal and peat briquettes. The house, which has been in the family for 103 years, was finally closed on the 25th of March 1994.
|Published / Created:||
22 October 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 31A ; frame number: 16A
Cumann Seanchais Na Banndan.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bandon, Co. Cork, Province of Munster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_31A/16A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.