Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Main Bridge and Junction. [graphic]
Main Bridge and Junction.
|Main Creator:||Connolly, Paddy, photographer|
Main road junction for West Cork. The river is shown here partly covered, and it is planned that the remainder of the river will also be covered.The east gate of Bandon stands in the immediate foreground of the photograph and the water gate stands in the background, near the red brick post office. The base of the town wall is located underneath the footpath on which a group of girls are walking. The gabled building in the right-hand corner of the photograph is a Methodist Church, built in 1821, and the gabled building in the left-hand corner of the photograph was a Unitarian Presbyterian Meeting House from 1810 until 1904.
|Published / Created:||
22 October 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 31A ; frame number: 25A
Cumann Seanchais na Bandan.
Photograph taken at 16:20, 22 October 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bandon, Co. Cork, Province of Munster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_31A/25A||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.