Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Church of Saints Michael and John. [graphic]
Church of Saints Michael and John.
|Main Creator:||Casey, Patrick, M. photographer|
The south front of the Church of Saints Michael and John in West Essex Street. Built in 1815 on the site of the Smock Alley Theatre, its bell was the first church bell to be rung since the Reformation and prior to The Catholic Emancipation Act of 1829. The original bell still hangs in the belfry and was used as the model for the Centenary Badge of the Catholic Emancipation in June 1929.
|Published / Created:||
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 10 ; frame number: 35
Old Dublin Society.
Photograph taken at 16:00, July 1994.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Co.Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_10/35||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.