Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Glenbrook - Carrigaloe Ferry [graphic]
Glenbrook - Carrigaloe Ferry
|Main Creator:||Lalor, Edward, photographer|
Glenbrook - Carrigaloe Ferry. Linking the north and south banks of the river Lee about 5 miles down river from Cork City, the car ferry service, initiatted at Easter 1993, restores a ferry service to the river at this point after an absence of several decades. The original grant of a ferry here dates from 1611. The service, utilising two ferries, the 'Glenbrook' and the 'Carrigaloe', is operated by Cross River Ferries Ltd., a joint venture between Marine Transport Ltd. and Tyrrell's of Arklow.
|Published / Created:||
05 September 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 9 ; frame number: 15
Great Island Historical Society
Photograph taken at 13:50, 05 September 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Cobh, Co. Cork, Province of Munster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_9/15||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.