Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> St. Brigid's Girls National School, Foxrock. [graphic]
St. Brigid's Girls National School, Foxrock.
|Main Creator:||Clare Liam, photographer|
In 1844, a small schoolhouse know as Cabinteely National School was built in Cornelscourt Village. The school moved in 1914 to new premises on Mart Lane, called St. Brigid's National Schools Foxrock, for boys and girls. As Foxrock grew in the sixties and seventies, it became necessary to build another school. The boys remained in the school at Mart Lane and the girls moved to this school at The Park, Cabinteely. This school was opened in Nov. 1988 on part of the lands of Cabinteely House amidst a residential development. An entrance to Cabinteely Public Park is beside the School.
|Published / Created:||
22 August, 1993.
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film Number 14A ; frame number: 18
Foxrock Local History Club
Photograph taken on 22 Aug. 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Foxrock Co. Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_14A/18||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.