Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Stillorgan Railway Station [graphic]
Stillorgan Railway Station
|Main Creator:||Clare, Liam photographer|
The Harcourt Street Railway Station was opened on the 10th July 1854 and closed on 31st Dec 1958. Initially the stations were Dundrum, Stillorgan, Carrickmines, Shankill and Bray. the Stillorgan Station was located just South of the highest point of the line. It had a signal box until 1942. The main platform was on the eastern side and the building contained the station master's house, a ticket office, ect.. Since the closing of the line the building has been used as a residence.
|Published / Created:||
25 Aug 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 14A ; frame number: 31
Foxrock Local History Club
Photograph taken on 25 Aug 1993
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Stillorgan, Co. Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_14A/ 31||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.