Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Carrickmines Croquet and Lawn Tennis Club [graphic]
Carrickmines Croquet and Lawn Tennis Club
|Main Creator:||Clare, Liam photographer|
The Carrickmines Croquet and Lawn Tennis Club is situated on the northern side of Glenamuck Road,between the old railway line and Brighton Road. It was founded about 1903 on the land of Mr, W.H. Wilson of Carrickmines House. Ms Marcella Barrett, later the 2nd Mrs. Wilson, a keen tennis player, did much to build up the club. At present there are about 800 members. There are 8 savannah tennis courts and an adjoining half acre has recently been purchased to extend the facilities.The low part of the building on the left was originally the clubhouse of the Foxrock Golf Club and may be demolished and replaced in the near future.
|Published / Created:||
23 Aug 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 14A ; frame number: 29
Foxrock Local History Club
Photograph taken 23 Aug 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Carrickmines, Co. Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_14A/ 29||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.