Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> The Town Hall [graphic]
The Town Hall
|Main Creator:||Rooney, John photographer|
Bray Town Hall, recently refurbished and restored to its original glory, now houses a splendid restaurant and the B.U.D.C. holds its monthly meetings in the beautiful Council Chamber. It was built in 1882-4 by the then Earl of Meath (Reginald ) and his wife Mary, who was the only daughter of 11th Earl of Lauderdale. It is an important example of the 'Quaint Old English' style of Architecture and is Bray's most important and striking building.
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 30 ; frame number: 22
Bray Cualann Historical Society
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bray, Co. Wicklow, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_30/22||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.