Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Foxrock Roman Catholic Church [graphic]
Foxrock Roman Catholic Church
|Main Creator:||Daly, Maureen, photographer|
Foxrock Roman Catholic Church was opened in 1935. It replaced a tempory structure of wood and iron which had been built in 1919 on Torquay Road. When the house building boom of the 1960's came along, the new location proved much more central and the new parish of Foxrock was created in 1971. Previously it had been 'Cabinteely and Foxrock'. It is the only church in the Dublin Diosese dedicated to 'Our Lady of Perperual Succour . Fr. John Ryan, educated in Rome, was parish priest and the prime mover in the decision to build the new church, which was desigined in the Italianate style.. Mr Joseph McGrath of Cabinteely House was a munificent contributer to the cost of the building.
|Published / Created:||
07 Aug 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 14A ; frame number: 3
Foxrock Local History Club
Photograph taken at 15.45, 07 Aug 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Foxrock, Co Dublin, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_14A/3||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.