Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Dundalk Railway Station [graphic]
Dundalk Railway Station
|Main Creator:||Casey, Sean, photographer|
Dundalk Railway Station. Iarnrod Eireann railway station Carrickmacross road renamed Clarke station in 1966 in commemoration of Thomas Clarke, one of the signatories to the 1916 proclamation. Formerly the Great Northern Railway Junction station, it was opened in 1894 and was a very busy junction especially during the Second World War. It is the second station erected in Dundalk, the earlier one was the Dublin & Belfast Junction station on the Ardee Road.
|Published / Created:||
25 September 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 4 ; frame number: 6
Old Dundalk Society
Photograph taken at 10:30, 25 September 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Dundalk, Co. Louth, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_4/6||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.