Collection: Our Own Place Photographic Project >> Dargle River from Bridge "The Maltings" [graphic]
Dargle River from Bridge "The Maltings"
|Main Creator:||Rooney, John, photographer|
There has been a corn Mill on this site since early Norman times when Walter De Ridlesford built his Castle on the rock overlooking the Dargle/Bray River. In the 19th century it was a prosperous malt-house and also in the early 1900's the site of the Bray Electric Light Company. In 1990 one of the malting buildings was demolished and a scheme of small houses was built. The other two old buildings were converted into one and two bedroomed apartments.
|Published / Created:||
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: 30A ; frame number: 8
Bray Cualann Historical Society
Photograph taken in 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Bray, Co. Wicklow, Province of Leinster, Ireland.
|Contained in:||Our Own Place Photographic Project|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_30A/8||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.