|Main Author:||Kennedy, Michael G, photographer|
Strabane Square showing the new pagoda, a tourist information centre in the centre of the town. The square was built in the early 19th century after the completion of the canal in 1796. Originally there was a fountain in the centre of the square, a memorial to the Duke of Abercorn. In the 1930's this was replaced by the pagoda which fell into disrepair and was removed in 1968.
04 Dec 1993
Project sponsored by RTÉ and Fuji Photo Film (Ireland) Ltd.
Film number: U22 ; frame number: 8
Strabane Historical Society
Photograph taken at 10:00, 04 Dec 1993.
Physical description: 1 photograph ; 15 x 10cm.
Geographic Coverage: Strabane, Co. Tyrone, Province of Ulster, Ireland.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|OOP_U22/6||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by the National Library of Ireland.