Sent from Limerick, in June, to the 8th Battalion Royal Muster Fusiliers
This is the third religious banner borne by soldiers since the Crusades. The first was the standard of Blessed Joan of Arc, and the second that of the Pontifical Zouaves. This banner has been worked by the Good Shepherd Nuns, and subscribed for by friends of the Munsters.
Postcard features an image of the front and bank of a banner by the Good Shepherd Nuns that was subscribed for by friends of the Royal Munster Fusiliers. the banner was brought into the battlefield during the First World War by them.
|Published / Created:||
[S.l.] : [s.n.] , [n.d., between ca. 1915 and 1916?]
This item is held in the Department of Ephemera; formerly at EPH call number WAR/1914-18/69.
Physical description: 1 postcard : b&w ill. ; 14 x 8.9 cm..
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.