Collection of hand-drawn operational plans of Kilmainham and Mountjoy Jails, Tallaght Camp and two unidentified RIC Barracks,
|Main Creator:||Irish Republican Army. Dublin Brigade|
(1) Manuscript covering note dated 20 February 1921 sending plans of Kilmainham, signed Acting Brigade Adjutant, Dublin H. Q.
(2) Ink sketch showing [Kilmainham] Jail and sentry position in relation to surrounding streets, Royal Hospital and local Police Barrack. Possibly drawn by Oscar Traynor, commanding officer of Dublin Brigade.
(3) Small ink sketch of Kilmainham Jail, manuscript notes on reverse give dimensions of walls and internal directions.
(4) Ink sketch of Kilmainham district showing Richmond Barracks, sentry at gate of Royal Hospital and Grand Canal.
(5) Pencil sketch of Kilmainham district showing main road layout.
(6) Segment cut from an ordinance survey map showing Mountjoy Prison and surrounding streets
(7) Pencil and ink detailed plan of interior of Mountjoy Prison showing exercise rings, visiting boxes, workshops, women's hospital and garden entrance. Plan probably drawn by Paddy Daily otherwise O'Daly, see below.
(8) Second pencil and ink detailed plan of interior of Mountjoy Prison. Note in hand of [Oscar Traynor] reads 'Paddy's revised plans', plan probably drawn by Paddy Daily otherwise O'Daly.
(9) Plan of Tallaght camp with manuscript notes, plan is very detailed and drawn on official embossed paper.
(10) Ink plan in very neat hand of an unidentified RIC Barracks, showing locations of rooms.
(11) Ink plan, in same hand as above, showing an RIC station, possibly at Sutton.
|Citation:||National Library of Ireland. Department of Manuscripts.|
Physical description: 11 items.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|MS 44,678 (1-11)||Manuscripts Reading Room Special Access||Manuscripts|