Collection: The Stereo Pairs Photograph Collection >> [Dalkey Island, Dalkey, Co. Dublin] [graphic].
[Dalkey Island, Dalkey, Co. Dublin]
|Published / Created:||
[between 1860 and 1883].
Dalkey Island was inhabited as early as the fourth century and the remains of St Begnets Church are still standing. The last inhabitants of the island were British soldiers manning the battery on the island, visible to the left of the image, near the Martello tower. Martello towers were erected as defensive structures erected on coastal sites around Ireland during the Napoleonic wars.
Physical description: 1 negative (stereograph) : glass ; 9 x 19 cm.
|Contained in:||The Stereo Pairs Photograph Collection|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|STP_1112||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland