Collection: The Stereo Pairs Photograph Collection >> [O'Connell Bridge and O'Connell Monument, Dublin]...
[O'Connell Bridge and O'Connell Monument, Dublin]
|Published / Created:||
[between 1882 and 1883].
This stereograph shows some of the features of Dublin of the early eighteen eighties. It shows the O'Connell Monument at some time between its unveiling on August 15, 1882 and the addition of its surrounding Winged Victories the following year. The hump-backed Carlisle Bridge has been replaced by the level and much wider bridge named after Daniel O'Connell and opened to traffic in 1880. From around this time Sackville Street was popularly known as O'Connell Street. Horse trams had been in operation since the mid eighteen seventies.
Physical description: 1 negative (stereograph) : glass ; 9 x 19 cm.
|Contained in:||The Stereo Pairs Photograph Collection|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|STP_2698||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland