[Arundel Square, Waterford City].
|Main Creator:||A. H. Poole Studio Photographer.|
|Published / Created:||
This square is named after the gate of the same name in the city wall, which was situated in the area of the present Arundel Lane. The fifteenth century tower of Blackfriars, the Dominican foundation of 1226 can be seen in the centre. Both the dress and trading conditions are typical of the period. The area remains a centre of the retail trade in Waterford.
Formerly at call number PWP527a
Additional information about this item is available on the National Library of Ireland's Flickr photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/nlireland/6058198379/
Physical description: 1 photographic negative : glass ; 17 x 22 cm.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|POOLEWP 0527a||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland