Architectural drawings from the Papers of the Vesey family, Viscounts De Vesci
|Main Creator:||De Vesci, Viscounts|
Collection of architectural drawings relating to the Vesey family [created Viscounts de Vesci in 1776] and their estates in Queen's County [now County Laois], covering the dates 1830 to 1970. Drawings chiefly relate to Abbeyleix House, its' gardens and other buildings on the De Vesci Estate, by James S. Cousins, Desmond Fitzgerald and others. Includes plans for the agent's house at Milbrook, designs for the schoolhouse at Abbeyleix by Richard Westmacott, plans for labourers' cottages, shops and a hotel in Abbeyleix and drawings by T.H. Wyatt including his plans for the Church of Ireland church in Abbeyleix. Also includes drawings for fittings and furniture for Abbeyleix House by Emma, Lady de Vesci, together with her plans for the terrace and gardens.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[between ca. 1830 and 1970]
Papers of the Vesey family, Viscounts De Vesci; held by; Department of Manuscripts, National Library of Ireland (Mss. Acc. 5344).
Physical description: Ca. 370 architectural drawings : pencil, ink, watercolour, ; cm. or smaller.
Finding Aids: Finding aid for Westport Estate Papers (including architectural drawings) available: NLI Manuscripts Collection List No. 89.
Finding Aids: Finding aid for Westport Estate Papers available: NLI Manuscripts Special List No. 404.
Papers of the Vesey family, Viscounts De Vesci purchased by the National Library of Ireland in 1998 with architectural drawings transferred to Department of Prints & Drawings in 2005.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|PD AD 3586||
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.