New Post Office, Sackville Street, Dublin.
this print represents that magnificent edifice, the New Post Office, the first stone laid by His Excellency Earl Whitworth, then Lord Lieutenant, in the year 1814 and was opened for business, on the 5th day of Jany. 1818. It embraces a view of Nelson's Pillar, Sackville Street, the Rotunda, Cavendish Row, and a distant view of St. George's Church, &c. &c. /
engraved by R. Havell & Son, 3 Chaple Str., Tottenham Court Road.
|Main Creator:||Havell the elder, Robert, fl. 1800-1840, engraver.|
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Dublin : Published by Del Vecchio, 26 Westmoreland Street, [ca. 1821]
Printed l.c.: Dedicated by permission to his Majesty's Postmasters General of Ireland, by their respectful and obedient servant James Del Vecchio.
Formerly at call number 538TC.
Physical description: 1 print : aquatint (coloured) ; image 42.4 x 59.8 cm., plate mark 48.5 x 62 cm., sheet 49.6 x 65.3 cm.
Citations/References: Catalogue of Irish Topographical Prints and Original Drawings / / Rosalind M. Elmes. - Dublin : p. 28.
Neg. No.: 15647 (Col).
Attributed to Robert Havell, (fl. 1800-1840), and his son Robert Havell, (fl. 1820-1850).
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|ET D29||Prints & Drawings - Appt. only||Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.