View of the City of Dublin, from Foster Aqueduct looking Southward.
W.M. Craig del. ; T. Dixon sculp.
|Main Creator:||Dixon, T., fl. 1824-1842, engraver.|
Horse and cart and a carriage passing under Foster Aqueduct, at Broadstone, Dublin, Ireland. This aqueduct was constructed by the Royal Canal Company across the junction of Phibsborough Road and Constitution Hill at the beginning of the 19th century. It was demolished in the 1950's. The aqueduct was named in honour of John Foster, (1744-1828), Baron Oriel, who was the last speaker of the Irish House of Commons.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[London?] : [H. Fisher?], [1824?].
Formerly at call number 398TA.
Physical description: 1 print : engraving ; image 16 x 22.4 cm., cropped within plate mark, sheet 20.6 x 26.7 cm..
Citations/References: Catalogue of Irish Topographical Prints and Original Drawings / Rosalind M. Elmes. - Dublin : p. 20.
Attributed to T. Dixon, after an original drawing by William Marshall Craig, (ca.1765-ca. 1834).
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.