"St. Marie's of the Isle," New Convent of the Sisters of Mercy, Cork.
William Atkins Archt. ; Day & Son lithrs. to the Queen.
|Main Creator:||Day & Son,|
View of St. Marie's of the Isle, Sharman Crawford Street, Cork City, Ireland. Dr. William Delany, bishop of Cork, approved of the transfer of the Sister of Mercy from Rutland Street to St. Marie's of the Isle in Pctober 1852. The orphange in Rutland Street functioned until 1853 when by the decision of Dr. Delany, the Diocesan Orpahange for Girls was transferred from Charlotte Quay to St. Marie's of the Isle and the children from both orphangages amalgamated.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[London] : Day & Son, 17 Gate Street, Lincoln's Inn Fields, [between ca. 1852 and 1853?].
Printed text l.c.: This building now in course of erection, will comprise a house of mercy, affording a home to a number of young women of good character, temporarily out of employment ... Contributions towards this work will be thankfully received by the Right Reverend Doctor Delany, R.C. Bishop of Cork, and of the Clergy of the city, or the Sisters of Mercy, Rutland Street, Cork.
Physical description: 1 print : lithograph, 22 x 17.3 cm..
Attributed to Day & Son, (fl. c. 1830-1862), London lithographers, printers and publishers.