The antiphonary of Bangor :
an early Irish manuscript in the Ambrosian library at Milan /
edited by F. E. Warren, B.D., F.S.A.
|Main Creator:||Catholic Church.|
|Published / Created:||
London : Harrison and sons, printers, 1893-95.
Henry Bradshaw Society (Series) ;
vol. 4 [etc.].
Texts in Latin.
The manuscript was written between 680 and 691 at the monastery of Bangor in Ireland. It is known as the Antiphonary of Bangor, but contains six canticles, twelve metrical hymns or poems, sixty-nine collects for use at canonical hours, seventeen collects on behalf of special persons or for use on special occasions, seventy anthems and versicles, the Creed, and the Pater noster. cf. v. 1, Introd.
Physical description: 2 v. ; 33 cm. (4to)
|Call Number||View in||Collection||NLI Holdings|
|Ir 264 h 1||Main Reading Room||Irish||v. IV|
|Ir 264 h 1||Main Reading Room||Irish||v. X|
|LO 2233||Manuscripts Reading Room Special Access||Librarian's Office|