erected A.D. 1741 to give employment to the poor.
View from Killiney Hill overlooking the bay with the Wicklow Mountains in the distance, Ireland.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[S.l. : s.n., between ca. 1800 and 1900].
Formerly at call number 888TA.
Inscribed in ink l.l.: Admit Mr McLellan & friends on Sundays [A..Warren?].
Printed and inscribed in ink m.c.: "Admit Mr Mc Lellan and friends to the Obelisk & Strand".
Printed l.c.: This order to be shown on each admission. The gate-keepers are not allowed to let in dogs, or receive any gratuity. No admission on Sundays.
Physical description: 1 print : lithograph, col. ; image 8.7 x 16.6 cm., on sheet 22.9 x 20.1 cm., folded to 12.2 x 20.1 cm.
Citations/References: Catalogue of Irish topographical prints and original drawings, Rosalind M. Elmes. New edition revised and enlarged by Michael Hewson. - Dublin : Malton Press for the National Library of Ireland Society, 1975. p. 48.
Reproduction Note: Colour negative available.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.