The old Music Hall in Fishamble Street, Dublin, where the "Messiah" was first performed.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[Dublin?] : [s.n.], [between ca. 1868 and 1933].
Text printed l.c.: Kennan & Son's premises now extend from 13 to 25 Fishamble Street, Dulbin, with a frontage of 400 feet.
Text printed m.c.: The Music Hall, Fishamble Street, was founded in 1741, by the Bull's Head Musical Society, and in the same and following year, Handel performed there, under the patronage of the Lord Lieutenant and the Court. It continued the most fashionable place of public entertainment until the close of last century. After many vicissitudes, it was in 1868 added to Kennan & Sons' Works, and it now resounds again with the "Harmonious Blacksmith," differently composed.
Physical description: 1 print : planographic ; 11.4 x 7.6 cm..