Ancient Cross, Clonmacnoise
W.H. Bartlett ; H. Griffith.
|Main Creator:||Griffiths, Henry, fl.1835-1849, engraver.|
People praying around one the high crosses at Clonmacnoise, County Offaly, Ireland. To the left of this cross is a round tower minus its roof which is probably O'Rourke's Tower. The other round tower in the distance is probably Temple Finghin or MacCarthy's Church and Tower.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[S.l. : s.n., 1842].
Formerly at call number 1590TA.
Plate in: The scenery and antiquities of Ireland : illustrated from drawings by W.H. Bartlett : the literary portion of the work / by N.P. Willis and J. Stirling Coyne.
Physical description: 1 print : line engraving ; on sheet 15 x 18 cm.
Citations/References: Catalogue of Irish topographical prints and original drawings, Rosalind M. Elmes. New edition revised and enlarged by Michael Hewson. - Dublin : Malton Press for the National Library of Ireland Society, 1975. p. 85.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|ET A674||Prints & Drawings - Appt. only||Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.