A south view on the river Liffey, Dublin.
Taken from the Coal Quay or Fruit Market.
T.S. Roberts delt. ; J. Bluck sculpt..
|Main Creator:||Bluck, J., fl.1791-1819, engraver.|
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
London ; R. Ackerman, February 1st, 1807.
Title printed l.c. within plate mark.
Inscription printed l.c. within plate mark under title: On the right is that grand edifice called the Four Courts, designed and began by Cooley, and completed by Gauden [sic]; the dome of which bearing a great resemblance to that of the Pantheon at Rome. In the front the ruins of Coal Quay Bridge, as they appeared after the flood, in December, 1802, in the middle ground, Bloody Bridge, and beyond that Queen's Bridge; a distant view of Saluting Battery, and Phonix Park terminating the whole.
Formerly at call number 565TD.
Extensive light damage has caused fading of blue colour in sky area.
Physical description: 1 print : aquatint(hand -coloured) ; image 58.9 x 87.2 cm., cropped within plate mark 63.8 x 89.2 cm..
Citations/References: Catalogue of Irish topographical prints and original drawings / Rosalind M. Elmes. - Malton Press, Dublin, 1975 ; P. 29.
Attributed to J. Bluck, (fl. 1791-1819), after an original drawing by Thomas Sautelle Roberts, (ca. 1760-1826).
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|ET E6||Prints & Drawings - Appt. only||Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.