Pantheon Phusitechnikon, Stephen's Green, Dublin.
T. Badge sc.
|Main Creator:||Badge, Thomas fl. 1812-1841, artist.|
In 1798, ironmonger William Binns rebuilt what is now Nos. 25 and 26 St. Stephen's Green as a house with a toy and fancy goods shop. Located at the back in Kildare Street, he erected a tower with a gazebo on top. The business ceased in 1816, when the stock and contents of the shop were auctioned. The whole premises, known as the Pantheon Phusitechnikon was later demolished. According to Kevin and Emer Rockett's 'Magic Lantern, Panorama and Moving Picture Shows in Ireland, 1786-1909', the viewing gazebo offered a panoramic view of Dublin; it was removed in 1821.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[Dublin : s.n., ca. 1808]
Formerly at call number 588TA.
Physical description: 1 print : line engraving ; image 10.7 x 14 cm., plate mark 14.2 x 16.6 cm., on sheet 22.2 x 24.5 cm.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|ET B65||Prints & Drawings - Appt. only||Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland