Abbey of Mellifont. South East. Co. Louth
|Main Creator:||Grose, Daniel, approximately 1766-1838|
South east view of the ruins of Mellifont Abbey, county Louth, Ireland, with the remains of the lavabo, an octagonal washing house for the monks. This is one of the finest pieces of Cistercian architecture in Ireland.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
September 4th, 1792.
Inscribed in ink on verso of drawing: Plate 2 Reduced.
Inscribed in ink u.c.: S.E.V. Mellifont Abbey Pl. 1 Co. Louth 4th Sept. 1792.
Inscribed in pencil on verso of drawing: Abbey of Mellifont Co. Louth.
Title inscribed in ink on verso of drawing.
Watermark part of a crest visible l.c..
Physical description: 1 drawing : pen & ink wash ; 26.5 x 37 cm..
Citations/References: Irish topographical prints & drawings / Rosalind M. Elmes. - Malton Press, 1975 ; P. 137.
Attributed to Lieutenant Daniel Grose, (ca. 1766-1838).