Queen [sic] Castle
Drawing of the Franciscan Friary which was founded in 1433 using part of the walls of an older Norman castle built in 1280, Quin, County Clare, Ireland. The Franciscan monks lived there till the 19th Century.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[between ca. 1790 and 1800].
Inscribed in ink l.c. on sheet beneath title: Quin a fair town Co.y of Clare [...] in the province of Munster an Hiberian Gazetteer [...].
Title inscribed in ink l.c. on sheet.
Watermark visible u.l..
Physical description: 1 drawing : watercolour ; image 12.2 x 17.3 cm., on sheet 17.2 x 24.2 cm..
Citations/References: Irish Topographical Prints & Drawings / Rosalind M. Elmes. - Malton Press, Dublin, 1975, P. 135.