Sketches of Irish soldiers in every land /
by Colonel James E. McGee.
|Main Creator:||McGee, James E. (James Edward), 1833?-1880.|
|Published / Created:||
New York : F. Pustet, c1881.
Physical description: xii, 329 p. : ill ; 18 cm. (8vo)
Table of Contents:
- Hugh O'Neill.
- Battle of the Yellow Ford. Owen Roe O'Neill.
- Battle of Benburb. A fighting bishop.
- The Confederation of Kilkenny. Patrick Sarsfield.
- Defence of Limerick. Sergeant Costume.
- The siege of Athlone. Undress uniform.
- The surprise of Cremona. Captain James Cantillon.
- Battle of Malplaquet. Field Marshal Count Peter Lacy.
- His campaigns as commander of the Russian forces. Lieutenant-General Daniel O'Mahony.
- The Wars of the Spanish Succession. Chevalier Wogan.
- Stealing a princess. An old-fashioned duel.
- Swords for Four; Coffee for two. Lord Clare.
- Battle of Fontenoy. Captain Carew.
- Implicit obedience. Major-General Richard Montgomery.
- The invasion of Canada. John Sullivan.
- How he seized an opportunity and some cannon. Mad Anthony Wayne.
- Capture of Stony Point. General Edward Hand.
- How a doctor killed his enemies instead of his patients. Colonel Fitzgerald.
- Battle of Princeton, N. J. Commodore John Barry.
- Organization of the American navy. The men of '98.
- The Wexford Insurrection. General Count O'Connell.
- Last days of the Irish Brigade in France. Count O'Shea.
- Sweet revenge. Captain O'Reilly.
- A brigade officer of the old school. Daniel O'Connell.
- His duel with D'Esterre.