Representative one-act plays by British and Irish authors /
selected, with biographical notes, by Barrett H. Clark.
|Published / Created:||
Boston : Little, Brown, 1921.
"Companion volume to 'Representative one-act plays by American authors,' edited by Margaret Gardner Mayorga and published in 1919"--Pref.
Includes bibliographical references.
Physical description: xiii, 477 p. ; 22 cm.
Table of Contents:
- The widow of Wasdale Head / Sir Arthur Pinero
- The goal / Henry Arthur Jones
- Salome / Oscar Wilde
- The man in the stalls / ALfred Sutro
- 'Op-o'me-thumb / Frederick Fenn and Richard Pryce
- The impertinence of the creature / Cosmo Gordon Lennox
- The stepmother / Arnold Bennett
- Rococo / Ganville Barker
- James and John / Gilbert Cannan
- The snow man / Laurence Houseman
- Fancy free / Stanley Houghton
- Lonesome-like / Harold Brighouse
- Miss Tassey / Elizabeth Baker
- Makeshifts / Gertrude Robins
- The maker of dreams / Oliphant Downs
- The land of heart's desire / William Butler Yeats
- Riders to the sea / J.M. Synge
- Spreading the news / Lady Gregory
- The magnanimous lover / St. John G. Ervine
- The golden doom / by Lord Dunsany.