[Sketch of the Capitol Theatre and restaurant, 4 North Princes Street, Dublin, Ireland]
Liam C. Martin 1978.
|Main Creator:||Martin, Liam C., 1934-|
View of North Princes Street, Dublin, Ireland, with the General Post Office on the right and the Capitol Cinema and restaurant on the left. At the end of the street is a lorry.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
The Capitol Theatre was built as La Scala Opera House in 1919-1920 by Frank Chambers and George Fleming. The architect was T.F. MacNamara. It was opened in 1919 and then renamed the Capitol Cinema around 1927-28. It closed in 1972 and demolished to make way for a new department store.
Transferred from the Liam O'Leary Collection, January 2000, by Robert Monks.
Physical description: 1 drawing : pencil & ink ; 41.8 x 59.3 cm..
Attributed to Liam C. Martin, (1934-1998).