Provost's House, Dublin
James Malton delin. et fecit.
|Main Creator:||Malton, James, 1761-1803, engraver.|
View of the Provost's House, begun in 1769 and is the only large 18th century town house in Dublin still occupied as a private residence. The dome of the Chapel can be seen in the distance. By 1791, the tower and dome had become unsafe and taken down. The corners of Grafton Street and Suffolk Street can be seen.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
London : Published by Jas. Malton & G. Cowen, Dublin, Feb. 1794, [between ca. 1803 and 1820].
Title printed l.c. within plate mark.
Physical description: 1 print : aquatint ; image 25.9 x 37.7 cm., within plate mark 31 x 42.4 cm., on sheet 41.2 x 56.5 cm..
Citations/References: James Malton's Dublin views / Maurice Craig. - Dolmen Press, Dublin, 1981 : Plate 5.
Reproduction Note: Col. Neg. No: 21473. B&W. Neg. No: R18041 (2 copies).
Attributed to James Malton, (d. 1803).
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|PD 3181 TX 59||
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.