Collection: A Collection of Drawings of the Principal, Antique Buildings of Ireland >> Plunket's Castle, near St: Margaret's, 5 1/2 M: from...
Plunket's Castle, near St: Margaret's, 5 1/2 M: from Dublin
G:B: delt. 1773
|Main Creator:||Beranger, Gabriel, ca. 1729-1817, artist|
Farmyard animals and birds in front of Dunsoghly Castle, County Dublin, Ireland, which was built in the late 15th century by one of the Plunkett family which owned extensive lands in Dublin and Meath.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Inscribed in ink on verso of page 72 of sketchbook: Inscription on a stone in Plunket's Castle. / IPM-KDIP-MdbS / and over the door of the door of ye: chappel A./ under the instruments of the pa[ss?]ion / are the following Letters / IP-Md bS.1573 / and over a door under a scutcheon within the castle, same letters with this date 1571.
Page number inscribed in ink u.r.: 73.
Signature of the artist inscribed in ink l.l.
Title inscribed in ink u.c.
Physical description: 1 drawing : watercolour ; 22.7 x 29 cm.
Citations/References: Beranger's Antiques of Ireland / with text by Peter Harbison. - Four Courts Press in association with the National Library of Ireland, Dublin 1998 p. 164-165
|Contained in:||A Collection of Drawings of the Principal, Antique Buildings of Ireland|
Attributed to Gabriel Beranger (ca. 1729-1817).