Collection: A Collection of Drawings of the Principal, Antique Buildings of Ireland >> Merrion Castle, 2. Miles. from Dublin GB Delt. 1766 [graphic] /
Merrion Castle, 2. Miles. from Dublin
GB Delt. 1766
|Main Creator:||Beranger, Gabriel, ca. 1729-1817, artist|
Drawing of Merrion Castle, which once stood near Merrion Gates, in the grounds of what is now St Mary's School for the Blind, and the former home of the Fitzwilliam family. In the drawing are two men standing in front of the ruins of the castle. A horse eats the grass near them while a peacock walks by.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Inscribed in ink u.r.: 8.
Signature of the artist inscribed in ink l.l.
Title inscribed in ink u.c.
Physical description: 1 drawing : watercolour ; 22.7 x 28.7 cm.
Citations/References: Beranger's Antique Buildings of Ireland / with text by Peter Harbison. - Four Courts Press in association with the National Library of Ireland, Dublin 1998 p. 38-39
|Contained in:||A Collection of Drawings of the Principal, Antique Buildings of Ireland|
Attributed to Gabriel Beranger (ca. 1729-1817).