Plan of Court Abbey in ye Barony of Leyney, Co. Sligo. 12 miles from Sligo : Abbey of Court
|Main Creator:||Beranger, Gabriel, ca. 1729-1817, artist|
Plan, with measurements, of the fifteenth-century Franciscan Third Order friary at Court, County Sligo, Ireland, consisting of long, halled churdh with south chapel, together with details of two windows, one with "switch-line" tracery.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Details of the drawing were copied by Jonathon Sisson Cooper in April 1799. See 2122 TX (2) 43 for more details.
Titles inscribed in ink l.l. and l.r. under corresponding images.
Watermark is a crowned shield with pendant horn above the letters "GR".
Physical description: 2 drawings : pen & wash ; 23 x 37.4 cm.
Attributed to Gabriel Beranger (1729-1817), who made the original sketch on July 1st 1779, according to Sir William Wilde's "Memoir of Gabriel Beranger" (Dublin 1880), page 54.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Coo 2122 TX (88)||
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.