The Church at Ballysadare, Co:y of Sligo
G.L Beranger delt
|Main Creator:||Beranger, Gabriel, ca. 1729-1817, artist|
A view of the 12th century church at Ballysadare, County Sligo, Ireland, showing the ruined structure supported by a buttress on the south wall in which there is a doorway with a tympanum. In the foreground on the left is a goat.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
Title inscribed in ink l.c. on sheet.
Inscribed in ink on verso: N. 11. D.
Angelo Maria Bigari drew a drawing of the same place. See 2122 TX (2) 46 for more details.
Inscribed in ink l.c. on sheet under title: Outline
Watermark u.l. contains the letters: JWI
Physical description: 1 drawing : wash ; image 15 x 24 cm., within frame 15.4 x 24.4 cm., on sheet 18.5 x 27 cm.
Citations/References: Guide to the National and Historic Monuments of Ireland / Peter Harbison. - Dublin 1992 p. 289
Attributed to Gabriel Beranger (1729-1817), who visited Connaught with his friend Angelo Maria Bigari in June, July and August 1779. The number inscribed in ink on verso corresponds to that on page 9 of MS 4162 in the National Library of Ireland, which givers a catalogue of drawings executed by both Beranger and Bigari. The original drawing dates to June 27th, and this is probably a worked-up version.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Coo 2122 TX (62)||
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland.