Clonshanville Abbey Co. of Roscommon
|Main Creator:||Bigari, Angelo Maria|
Exterior view of the fourteenth century Dominican priory at Cloonshanville, County Roscommon, Ireland, showing the tall tower with its narrow half way along the hall-like church with tracery in the east window in the background. On the left is part of the north transept. A gallant band of visitors may be seeen in the foreground.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
From: Antiquities of Abbeys, Castles, & Towers in Ireland / assembled by Austin Cooper in 1875 (page 34).
Drawing was never engraved but was the result of a visit to Clonshanville, County Roscommon, Ireland by Angelo Bigari (fl. 1772-1779) and Gabriel Beranger (ca. 1730-1817) who made notes of this visit (see NLI Ms 4162, page 26 for more details of the notes).
Title inscribed in ink l.c.
Drawing within ink frame 16.5 x 24 cm.
Image pasted onto sheet.
Physical description: 1 drawing : image 23.7 x 16.4 cm., on paper 18.9 x 27.7 cm., mounted on sheet 24.3 x 29.1 cm.
Citations/References: Medieval Religious Houses Ireland / Aubrey Gwynn & R.N. Hadcock . - London, 1970 page 223
Attributed to Angelo Maria Bigari (fl. 1772-1779).
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Coo 2122 TX (3) 34||Prints & Drawings - Appt. only||Prints & Drawings|