St. Kevan's House at Glendalough Co. Wicklow
|Main Creator:||Bigari, Angelo Maria|
View from the east of St. Kevin's Church, Glendalough, County Wicklow, Ireland, showing the stone-roofed nave with protruding Round Tower together with the apparently stone-roofed chancel and sacristy (of which the chancel has since vanished). In the background is the Round Tower, minus its conical roof which was restored by the Office of Public Works in 1876.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
From: Antiquities of Abbeys, Castles, & Towers in Ireland / assembled by Austin Cooper in 1875 (page 26).
This drawing was never engraved. The original sketch would have been done on a visit to Glendalough in 1779, when Bigari was accompanied by Gabriel Beranger, as part of a tour collecting material at the behest of Colonel William Burton (later Conyngham).
Title inscribed in ink l.c.
Drawing within ink frame 16.5 x 24.5 cm.
Image pasted onto sheet.
Physical description: 1 drawing : image 16.2 x 24.1 cm., on paper 18.7 x 25 cm., mounted on sheet 23.3 x 29.2 cm.
Citations/References: Ancient Ireland / Jacqueline O'Brien & Peter Harbison. - London, 1996 pages 66-70 with brief bibliography on page 245
Attributed to Angelo Maria Bigari (fl. 1772-1779).
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Coo 2122 TX (3) 26||Prints & Drawings - Appt. only||Prints & Drawings|