The Abbey of Tulsk, 8 miles from Roscommon Co. Roscommon
|Main Creator:||Bigari, Angelo Maria|
Exterior view of the fifteenth century Dominican priory at Tulsk, County Roscommon, Ireland, showing a ruined traceried window on the left, and providing a vista through a double arcade with pointed arches.
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[5th August, 1779].
Drawing within ink frame 16.4 x 24.1 cm.
From: Antiquities of Abbeys, Castles, & Towers in Ireland / assembled by Austin Cooper in 1875 (page 25).
Image pasted onto sheet.
This drawing was never engraved. The original sketch would have been done on August 5th, 1779, when Bigari was on a tour of Connacht with his artist friend, Gabriel Beranger (ca. 1730-1817), who made a note of this visit in his catalogue notes (see NLI Ms 4162, page 27).
Title inscribed in ink l.c.
Physical description: 1 drawing : image 16.1 x 24.8 cm., on paper 18.4 x 25.5 cm., mounted on sheet 24.3 x 29.1 cm.
Attributed to Angelo Maria Bigari (fl. 1772-1779).