|Main Creator:||Gregory, Lady, 1852-1932|
Details of stone carving of two rabbits or hares and a sarcophagus with an effigy of the Bishop Ralph of Shrewsbury
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[between ca. 1895 and 1896]
Inscribed in pencil on opposite page (p. 28): Bishop of Shrewsbury O.A.D. 1363 - Keeper of the King's Wardrobe & Chancellor of Oxford University - Surrounded his Palace with moat & walls - obtained from the king an exemption from the terrible Forest [lions?] of the Manors of Oxbridge & Cheddar, & destroyed by hunting all the wild beasts in the great Forest of [...]
Title inscribed in ink u.l.
Physical description: 1 drawing ink 17.8 x 25.7 cm.
Attributed to Lady Augusta Gregory
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|PD 3032 TX 29||
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland