Collection: Valentine Photographic Collection >> Avondale House, the home of C.S. Parnell [graphic]
Avondale House, the home of C.S. Parnell
|Published / Created:||
Avondale House built in 1779 for Samuel Hayes
Charles Stewart Parnell, the Irish nationalist leader, was born in Avondale House and lived there all his life with his family. The house is now owned by the Department of Lands, Forestry Division, which maintains the grounds as a forest park and centre of forestry research. The house has been restored by the Board of Works.
Formerly at call number JV 078437
Physical description: 1 photographic negative glass 12 x 16.5 cm.
|Contained in:||Valentine Photographic Collection|
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|VAL 78437||NPA Reading Room - Appt. only||Photos|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland