G. Beranger delint. ; A.C. pinxt. 18 April 1794
|Main Creator:||Cooper, Austin, 1759-1830, artist|
Three drawings of buildings on Inishmurray, County Sligo, Ireland. Drawing on right of image shows plan of the church of St. Mary's Church, drawing u.r. on image shows window of the chapel in the abbey of Inishmurray, and drawing l.r. on image shows a plan of the largest of the cells or beehive huts on the island, with locations inscribed in ink: "Stone Bench", "Window" and "door"
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
From: Antiquities of Abbeys, Castles & c. & c. in Ireland, Vol. II
Title inscribed in ink l.c. on sheet under image
Inscribed in ink within or underneath corresponding images: Plan of St. Mary's Church; Window of the Chapel in the Abbey, the Arch a rough unhewn stone; Plan of the most considerable Cell in the Abbey
Inscribed in ink within drawing l.r. on image: 12 feet diameter
Watermark u.l. on sheet is a partial shield. That on pasted-on image is a seated Britannia in a crowned oval cartouche
Physical description: 1 drawing image 16.5 x 19 cm., on sheet 18.3 x 26.7 cm.
Citations/References: A Survey of the Antiquarian Remains on the island of Inishmurray / W.F. Wakeman. - London/Edinburgh, 1893
Citations/References: Inishmurray, Ancient Monastic Island / Patrick Heraughty. - Dublin, 1982 (re-issued 1996)
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|Coo 2122 TX (2) 33||
|Prints & Drawings|