[New Bridge and the Abbey river, Limerick]


drawn by S. Brocas, Limerick

View more information ...
In Collection: Brocas sketchbook (PD 1962 TX) [graphic].
Description: Depiction of New Bridge, Limerick, over the Abbey River. In the background the old county courthouse (built 1809) and St. Mary's Cathedral are partially visible. Upper sign on building on left of bridge 'James Hill's Grocery, Wines Cheese...' Lower sign '...Mills... Wine..Tobacco...Hocan(?)'. This bridge, New Bridge was replaced some decades later by Mat(t)hew Bridge.
Main Creator: Brocas, Samuel Frederick, ca. 1792-1847
Created: [between ca. 1812 and 1847]
Language: English
Extent: 1 drawing watercolour 24 x 40.9 cm.
Call Number: PD 1962 TX 5 (Collection unavailable)
Rights: Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland