[Dalkey Island and the sound from Colliermore, Dalkey, County Dublin, viewed from rocks on the shore]
|Main Creator:||Brocas, Samuel Frederick, ca. 1792-1847|
View of Dalkey island showing the ruined church dedicated to St. Benedict and the martello tower
|Format:||PRINTS & DRAWINGS|
|Published / Created:||
[between ca. 1812 and 1847]
Inscribed in pencil: In 1538 Sir Edward Bellingham landed here, in 1553 Sir Anthony St. Leger landed here also, in 1558 the Earl of Sussex shipped his army from this port, revived 1837
Colour specifications inscribed in pencil
Physical description: 1 drawing (2 sheets) pencil each sheet 11 x 18 cm.
Our live database is currently unavailable.
Please check with a member of staff before submitting a request, as some of the information shown here may be slightly out-of-date.
|Call Number||View in||Collection|
|2051 (TX) 60 & 61||
|Prints & Drawings|
Reproduction rights owned by National Library of Ireland